If you're looking for the perfect name for your new pet, get inspiration from this list of unique English bulldog names. You're sure to find a puppy name idea that will fit your companion and tell the world that he or she is special.
Names for Strong Male English Bulldogs
With their muscular bodies and adorable squinched faces, male English bulldogs need names that are strong and cute at the same time. Consider these great male names options inspired by the breed's strength:
- Angus - a Gaelic name for "strong one"
- Denzell - a Cornish name meaning "from the stronghold"
- Fergus - a Scottish name for "forceful one"
- Fort - a French name for "strong"
- Kenzo - a Japanese name for "strong and healthy"
- Monte - a Norman name for "man of strength"
- Ragnar - a Norse name for "warrior"
- Uzi - a Hebrew name for "strength in God"
- Zeke - a Hebrew name for "strengthened by God"
- Zeus - a Greek name for the most powerful god
Tough Names for Female English Bulldogs
Female English bulldogs are powerful too, and the perfect name can be one that celebrates power and femininity at the same time. Try one of these creative female dog names:
- Audrey - a French name for "noble strength"
- Bridget - an Irish name that means "power and life strength"
- Gertrude - a German name that means "spear of strength"
- Lenna - an old German name meaning "strength of a lion"
- Maliha - a Muslim name for "beautiful strength"
- Mildred - an English name for "gentle power"
- Philomena - a Greek name meaning "lover of the strong"
- Tetsu - A Japanese name that means "as strong as iron"
- Valda - a German name for "powerful ruler"
- Valencia - a Spanish name for "strong and brave"
Royal Names for English Bulldogs
There's no doubt your English bulldog is a prince or princess to you, and naming your pet after royalty is a great way to celebrate that special status. Choose a name inspired by famous British kings, queens, and other royals:
- Elizabeth - after Queen Elizabeth, the powerful and popular queen of the Shakespearean era
- Alfred - after Alfred, the Great
- Anne - after Queen Anne, a monarch of the 1700s
- Richard - after Richard, the Lionheart
- Henry - after Henry VIII, famous for his many wives
- George - after George III, king during the American revolution
- Lady Jane Grey - de facto queen for nine days in the 1500s
- William - after William, the Conqueror
- Mary - after Mary, Queen of Scots
- Victoria - after Queen Victoria, ruler during the Victorian age
Funny English Bulldog Names
- Jelly Roll
- Dump Truck
Color-Inspired Names for English Bulldogs
You can also use your bulldog's color to inspire a clever name. There are lots of great color name ideas.
These names are perfect for white bulldogs:
- Powder Puff
With their soft tan coloring, fawn bulldogs seem to ask for names like these:
If you have a red bulldog, one of these names could be ideal:
- Hot Sauce
Brindle and Multi-Color Bulldogs
Many English bulldogs have multiple colors in their coats, and this coloration can inspire some great names:
One-Syllable English Bulldog Names
A one-syllable name can help with training, according to the New York Times. If you want to keep your English bulldog's name to one syllable, try these ideas: