It can be a challenge to choose the perfect name for your new dog. But if your dog has that indescribable "cool" factor, the task can be even more difficult. Consider one of these cool dog names for your suave canine.
Top Cool Dog Names
Some names just sound cool. Try these smooth monikers out to see if any suit your fly pup. Consider the meaning of each name or simply the way it sounds.
- Althea: a Greek name meaning "healer"
- Astrid: a Scandinavian name meaning "divinely beautiful"
- August: after the month, also short for Augustus
- Crosby: meaning "cross"
- Cypher: an English name meaning "peaceful one"
- Digby: an old Norse name
- Eira: a Welsh name meaning "snow"
- Enzo: meaning "ruler"
- Guy: a French name meaning "leader"
- Hawk: an English name after the bird
- Hux: an Old English name meaning "hook"
- Jax: short for Jaxon
- Kenzo: a Japanese name meaning "healthy and wise"
- Lachlan: a Scottish name meaning "from the land of the lakes"
- Leaf: an old English name meaning "beloved"
- Lee: an English name meaning "meadow"
- Milan: a Slavic name meaning "gracious"
- Quentin: a French name meaning "fifth"
- Rhys: a Welsh name meaning "enthusiastic"
- Safira: a Hebrew name meaning "sapphire"
- Sailor: a German name pertaining to a boat
- Tad: an English name meaning "heart"
- Thorn: a Danish name for someone residing near a tower
- Vita: a Latin name meaning "life"
- Witt: a German name meaning "white"
- Zane: a Hebrew name meaning "gracious gift"
- Zora: a Slavic name meaning "sunrise"
Dog Names Inspired by Cool Characters
There's a plentitude of TV and movie characters who simply ooze "cool." Whether it's their strength, wit, or cunning demeanor that makes them irresistible, these individuals have swagger. If you'd like to name your canine friend after a slick character, consider these names.
- T'Challa (Black Panther)
- Okoye (Black Panther)
- Fonzie or "The Fonz" (Happy Days)
- Kang Sae-byeok (Squid Game)
- Jang Deok-Su (Squid Game)
- Tyrion (Game of Thrones)
- Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
- Deadpool (Deadpool)
- Eleven (Stranger Things)
- Miranda Priestley (The Devil Wears Prada)
- John Wick (John Wick)
- Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road)
- Rocky Balboa (Rocky franchise)
- Tony Stark (Iron Man)
- Rey (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Beatrix (Kill Bill)
- Trinity (The Matrix)
- Harley Quinn (Birds of Prey)
- Neo (The Matrix)
- Apoc (The Matrix)
- Morpheus (The Matrix)
- Rizzo (Grease)
- Kenickie (Grease)
- King Leonidas (300)
- Katniss (The Hunger Games)
- Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
- Danny Ocean (Ocean's Eleven)
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
- Diana Prince (Wonder Woman)
Dog Names After Iconic Musicians
Whatever your dog's (or your) musical preference, you are sure to find a cool name amongst this list of iconic performers.
- Doja Cat (better yet, Doja Dog!)
- Tupac or 2Pac
- Olivia Rodrigo
- Snoop Dogg
- Lil Nas X or Nas
- Billie Eilish
Names Inspired by Technology
You don't have to be digitally savvy to give your dog a cool tech name. Not only do these words sound cool, but they'll make you look like the most innovative owner at the park.
- Nvidia: This smooth-sounding name (after the graphics card, Nvidia) would suit any dog.
- Alexa: "Alexa, what are some cool dog names?"
- Gates: After software developer Bill Gates.
- Tesla: Is your dog sleek and elegant like this car make?
- Data: If your dog is too smart for their own good, this is a great name.
- Google: Let everyone at the dog park know which search engine is your favorite.
- Siri: Apple's virtual assistant's name would be great for a dog.
- Buffer: Perfect for a dog who stops on walks as if they're buffering.
- Hashtag: #awesomedogname
- Byte: A cool name for a bite-sized pup.
Endless Possibilities for Cool Names
With inspiration from celebrities, TV characters, musicians, and popular icons, you're sure to find a name for your cool dog. Consider what you find most endearing about your dog and play off these characteristics. When you come across the perfect name, you'll know immediately.